28, May, 2003
We've launched several new features recently that members should be aware of:
- Customizable member profile page - Members can upload an image and a custom profile page courtesy of WebRing. Full html control of the page. Try it out. Here's a sample: forrest_horn. There is even a ring of profile pages and, YES, the profile page will allow SSNB code on it.
Build your own custom profile page by clicking on your Account Settings link.
- Multiple category entries for rings. ring managers can now list their rings in up to 5 directory categories. Check it out on the ring Promotion screen.
- Log in and My rings page(s) have been simplified to only show the links/pages that a member has entries for. Members can choose which page comes up by default by editing your Account Info page.
- Additional ring color schemes.
- Ring creation has been "restricted" to members with at least one active, and PASSing, membership in some existing ring. This is an effort to ensure that members have some experience before starting a ring.
- More coming soon...
Old, but still current, News
WebRing Funding Survey
WebRing is conducting a survey among ring managers, members, and non-member users to determine the best means of generating the resources needed to support and grow the WebRing community. If you have not already done so, please take a moment to fill out this questionaire let us know what you think. Your feedback is important to us and
the rest of the WebRing community.
Who can participate?
Everyone is encouraged to take the survey, even if you aren't a member. The system is logging and tracking by User ID if you are logged in, otherwise through other means, so even if you are just a casual visitor we are interested in your opinion! This is a chance to have your voice heard.
Take the survey here.
We have an "official" WebRing mousepad! We had it designed by our logo design contest winner. We had a small batch made to see how they looked, and they look pretty good.
For those interested we're planning on another batch in the near future. If you want to get one you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how many you want to reserve. The cost will depend on how many, of course, but it will be between $10 and $15. A little spendy perhaps but these are very good quality 1/4in rubber backed pads, 7in x 9in in size.
Click here for a scanned image of the pad. The scan isn't perfect but it does give you a good feel for how the the artwork fits the mousepad.
WebRing is a Community supported system
WebRing is best supported by you, the community. Many that have pitched in have found that the promotional credit they receive can be put to very good use by either featuring the ring in the directory and/or requesting to have their site(s) featured on ring Hub pgaes. The results are almost always noticeable right away in increased traffic to the ring or site. It's a win-win for us all: Increased visibility for your ring or site and support for WebRing.
If you value WebRing and feel you can benefit from an even better system, then we seek your support. Thanks to the 4000+ contributing members WebRing is treading water! We still offer the best service and support whether you contribute or not.
Interested in supporting WebRing? Use
or use the link below to contribute using PayPal.
|| ||OR, if you prefer you can send a check or money order to:|
1257 Siskiyou Blvd, #1153
Ashland, OR 97520
The WebRing Team
April 11, 2003 Status report.
April 4, 2003 Status report.
January 20, 2003 Status report.
December 20, 2002 Status report.
October 15, 2002 Status report.
October 1, 2002 Status report.
September 4, 2002 Status report.
August 16, 2002 Status report.
August 1, 2002 Status report.
July 23, 2002 Status report.
July 16, 2002 Status report.