3, June, 2002
We launched a collection of new features at the end of May, due to become active in a week or so, that give members something in return for contributing to the suport of WebRing. Thanks again to those who have stepped to help out. We have more features along the same lines coming soon.
The logo contest is into the semi-finals. We have completed the first, and longest, round of voting, and have begun the next round where we'll begin to really narrow the field. Rewards for those who entered, due to a complete lack of funds, will be modest, but are discussed on the logo contest page. Thanks to all who have contributed and voted!
New features launched:
- Site promotion - We've finished up some features to allow site owners to gain greater prominence, and traffic, for their sites while maintaining the integrity of the ring concept and the authority of ring managers.
- Ring promotion - We've also finished features to allow ring managers to promote their rings more effectively as well. Inexpensive and flexible for those that wish to promote.
- Ad suppression - Another small perk for those that contribute. You can suppress ads on your ring, or suppress ads while you surf anywhere on WebRing. One distinct advantage (apart from no popups of course) is that pages load substantially faster.
- Read about the above here.
New features coming:
- Polls - The polling technology we've been using for the logo contest we'll make available to ring managers very soon.
- Navigation code wizard - to assist members in placing code, SSNB or HTML, properly on pages. We're excited about this tool. It was placed on hold near the end of last month, but should be ready soon.
- Immediate activate - suspended sites will be allowed to become active immediately once they test PASS (or PASS_L) in management, without having to wait for the ring manager or auto-management to process the site. This will be an option for ring managers on the Global Settings screen.
WebRing is a Community supported system
If you value WebRing and feel you can benefit from an even better system, then we seek your support. If this does not appeal to you then you may ignore this request. We'll still offer the best service and support whether you contribute or not.
Interested in supporting WebRing? Use
or use the link below to contribute using PayPal.
|| ||OR, if you prefer you can send a check or money order to:|
1257 Siskiyou Blvd, #1153
Ashland, OR 97520
The WebRing Team
The prior status page can be viewed here.
PS - For those that have contributed to WebRing, Thank You! We've updated your accounts. If you check and feel there are errors - please contact us!