1, May, 2002
April was a relatively quiet month for new features. We've been working on a number that were not completed during April, but should be in May.
WebRing gets a lot of visitors. In April there were more than 3 million unique visitors navigating rings, generating more than 25 million hits to the system! They visit, and come back, because of well maintained rings and quality content. Good work site owners and ring managers!
We, as a community, finished April with more than 63,000 rings, 1 million active sites, and more than 500,000 unique registered members. We've had more members register since leaving yahoo than were registered during the entire time yahoo ran WebRing!
The logo contest is in full swing. We will complete the first, and longest, round of voting in a couple more weeks, then begin the next round where we'll begin to really narrow the field. Rewards for those who entered will be announced soon as well. Thanks to all who have contributed and voted!
New features coming soon:
- Polls - The polling technology we've been using for the logo contest we'll make available to ring managers very soon.
- Site promotion - We're finishing up some features to allow site owners to gain greater prominence, and traffic, for their sites while maintaining the integrity of the ring concept and the authority of ring managers.
- Ring promotion - We're also finishing up features to allow ring managers to promote their rings more effectively as well. Inexpensive and flexible for those that wish to promote.
- Navigation code wizard - to assist members in placing code, SSNB or HTML, properly on pages. We're excited about this tool. It was placed on hold near the end of last month, but should be ready soon.
- Immediate activate - suspended sites will be allowed to become active immediately once they test PASS (or PASS_L) in management, without having to wait for the ring manager or auto-management to process the site. This will be an option for ring managers on the Global Settings screen.
WebRing is a Community supported system
If you value WebRing and feel you can benefit from an even better system, then we seek your support. If this does not appeal to you then you may ignore this request. We'll still offer the best service and support whether you contribute or not.
Interested in supporting WebRing? Use
or use the link below to contribute using PayPal.
|| ||OR, if you prefer you can send a check or money order to:|
1257 Siskiyou Blvd, #1153
Ashland, OR 97520
The WebRing Team
The prior status page can be viewed here.
PS - For those that have contributed to WebRing, Thank You! We've updated your accounts. If you check and feel there are errors - please contact us!