1, April, 2002
New Features Lanuched!
- Insert front/rear - Allows ring managers to place sites as activated either at the top of the Hub page (front) or bottom (rear). This is specified on the Join Settings page.
- Send don't send emails - Can be specified during the email phase of the approve, deny, suspend, activate, delete operations. It is not permanent, but can be useful when doing maintenance on a ring that does not require notifying members.
- Top rings, Hot rings, New rings - we added a list of popular rings to the front page of the system. We're excited about the New rings and Hot rings features as this is a way to quickly identify trends in user interest.
New features coming soon:
- Navigation code wizard - to assist members in placing code, SSNB or HTML, properly on pages. We're excited about this tool. It was placed on hold near the end of last month, but should be ready soon.
- Immediate activate - suspended sites will be allowed to become active immediately once they test PASS (or PASS_L) in management, without having to wait for the ring manager or auto-management to process the site. This will be an option for ring managers on the Global Settings screen.
WebRing is a Community supported system
If you value WebRing and feel you can benefit from an even better system, then we seek your support. If this does not appeal to you then you may ignore this request. We'll still offer the best service and support whether you contribute or not.
Interested in supporting WebRing? Use
or use the link below to contribute using PayPal.
|| ||OR, if you prefer you can send a check or money order to:|
1257 Siskiyou Blvd, #1153
Ashland, OR 97520
The WebRing Team
The prior status page can be viewed here.
PS - For those that have contributed to WebRing, Thank You! Be watching here and on your Account Settings page. Your contribution amounts will be added soon, and we'll begin to give you opportunities to use that credit soon as well, if you wish to.