Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Woodworking Ring - The ring for the professional and hobby woodworker.  We feature woodcarving, woodburning, and other fine art crafti

Forums     Login   Signup

Woodworking Ring

Manager: tattooed_ogre
WWW. WoodWorking Webring. This is the place for those who work with wood, craft wood or just wood. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Come find out with our ring and have fun.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Desk Clocks - 04/22/2012
I had a few pieces of showy wood I didn't know quite what to do with, and decided on these: I think they turned out rather well, and now I'm plotting how to do more. The top photo is Big Leaf Maple Burl, about 6-1/2" tall and 7" wide. The bottom one is some kind of unknown Pine, with a brilliant red, flame-grained surface when oiled. It is 10" tall...

Desk Clocks

Replied - 03/11/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SEfhU677r-Y/UT34mqNZhmI/AAAAAAAAB8c/NiFy1N2XqMw/s320/BurlClockLgEdge.jpg

I had a few pieces of showy wood I didn't know quite what to do with, and decided on these: I think they turned out rather well, and now I'm plotting how to do more. The top photo is Big Leaf Maple Burl, about 8" tall and 11-1/2" wide. The bottom one is some kind of unknown Pine, with a brilliant red, flame-grained surface when oiled. It is 10" tall and 4-1/2" wide at the base.  Each has a clock face of 1-3/8", large enough to read close by on a desk top, and small enough to show off these flashy woods. The tall pine clock is available at my Etsy website:  BarbS Woodworks The maple burl clock is on Desk Accessories on my main website.

Desk Clocks

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy