Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Webspace Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Webspace SupportNeed help with something related to your managing and editing your Webspace? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Disappearing content? - 06/22/2013
I've recently been having things randomly disappearing on my website. The first time a .jpg file went missing. I re-uploaded it and thought I had somehow accidently deleted it the last time I edited my page, though everything had seemed to work. Now an entire page disappeared. The .html file is completely gone from my webspace list. It has been there for over a year and worked fine last week. Any ideas what might be happening? I just went through and backed up all my files and changed my password, but any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Replied - 02/24/2014
Hello, silentmagician. I'm a little distressed to notice that eight months later, Support still hasn't bothered to respond to your post. I'm wondering if they even read this forum, any more.

Have you tried changing your password? Possibly, your site has been hacked. Maybe changing your password to something more secure would help? Maybe you've already done this, but making some effort to randomize the selection of characters in your password can help.

Have you done this, yet?

If so, you might also want to scan your computer for spyware, which could have been used to eavesdrop when you were entering a password, I understand. Run a scan, see if anything is there, and if so, change the password.

If, on the other hand, Webring's system really is losing files on its own, sorry to hear that, but as I don't work for the company, I can't help you with that. And, apparently, they don't want to help you with that. All I can give you in that case is my sympathy.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy