Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Webspace Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Webspace SupportNeed help with something related to your managing and editing your Webspace? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 10 of 10
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Can't access my site to edit! CMS access needed now; urgent. - 03/20/2013
Please can somebody help. It's urgent! They have changed the CMS page and I cannot edit my site.
I HAVE TO get in now! 15:45 UK time, 20:45 eastern. This is extremely URGENT! Please! .....Tomorrow is too late.
Please someone tell me how I can edit my site
OR.....
Please tell me where i can find support, there is no support here!
URGENT PLEASE! Will Golden
I will have to repeat the message until someone can help me.

Replied - 03/20/2013
maybe ease off teh caffeine.
The CMS tool has NOT been changed, so if you're having a problem it would be better to describe what the problem is rather than speculating wildly (and incorrectly).

If you happen to be using Firefox, try another browser. We do know that firefox has a bug in their latest version causing teh CMS tool to not work. IE and Chrome, as well as others, all continue to work, however.

If you were not using firefox let us more clearly what the issue is and we'll do what we can.

Replied - 03/20/2013
Please can somebody help. It's urgent! They have changed the CMS page and I cannot edit my site.
I HAVE TO get in now! 15:45 UK time, 20:45 eastern. This is extremely URGENT! Please! .....Tomorrow is too late.
OR.....

Replied - 03/20/2013
The CMS tool HAS NOT been changed, as we mentioned before. Based on your post you are ALREADY IN your account, so getting into your account is nto what you need help with. Please be clear, and please read and respond to our prior post.

Replied - 03/20/2013
OR.....

Replied - 03/20/2013
Seriously. READ and RESPOND to our replies. we're trying to help, but it requires input from you as well.

Replied - 03/20/2013
Thanx4 coming back twice. I am sorry, but I am not getting notifications of replies. And I am at work, so I could not stay and wait. I just reposted it in hope.

I am in CMS, true! And the page -does- look different. Also the problem happens in Firefox (Seamonkey version), Internet Explorer AND Chrome.

Where it says "Folder Webspace +/- (upload icon) (folder icon).

I used to click the folder icon and it opened my subfolder "born different" with all the files listed. Now the subfolder is empty. Those files have not disappeared or been deleted .......because the website still opens complete @ bit.ly/8XaTdi, made up of all those files.

Also the BornDifferent folder on the left used to access the subfolder.
Now it opens a windows panel asking me what I want to do with it, offering to browse for a program to open it.

As I said above, it is not a FF bug, because the same thing happens in IE and Chrome. Why does my BornDifferent folder not mopen into the subfolders containing the page htmls and the files any more please?

I have managed to put people back a while so I have abot an hour to get in and make the necessary changes for further linking out tonight. If I can get in soon I shall be ok. Please help me.

Also..... am I in the right place to ask? I assume you are a webring user not staff.

Replied - 03/20/2013
this is WebRing Staff. We just tried your account using Chrome, Sea Monkey, Opera and IE (9 on win 8). All work. FF does not

To access folders it is necessary to use the CMS tool by clicking the yellow folder. But that is working, and has not been changed in several years

what OS are you using? Can yo take a screen shot and email to membership at webring dot com?

Replied - 03/20/2013
Just ried IE 9 in win 7 and it works as well

Replied - 03/20/2013
Your account (WRMessage/WRMail) is configured to keep all correspondence in your WRMessage area and not forwaed any to your external email account :)

You can, of course, change that if you wish

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy