Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Webspace Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Webspace SupportNeed help with something related to your managing and editing your Webspace? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Removing a website cached from Geocities - 07/03/2011
Hi,

what is the correct procedure to request the removal of a website that was probably cached from Geocities to your webring's webspace (not by me, I don't know if it was someone else or something done automatically)?

By the way I don't have an ID or anything, and that website (in its original location on Geocities) was actually part of a webring something like 13 years ago and the email I used doesn't even exist anymore.

I'm looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Replied - 07/03/2011
Let's atsrt with the URL as it is now on WebRing's webspace. If you know the old Geo URL that might help you out as well. There are at least two other sites the copied Geo websites as well, so if there is perrsonal info that is the reason for concern then you'll need to contact them as well. We only helped with WebRing member sites - they tried to copy all.

Replied - 07/03/2011
Thank for you quick reply, here follow the details that you have requested.

The current URL on webring's webspace is:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/au/um_12165/
The original URL on Geocities was:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/4547/

As for the other websites that cached contents from Geocities, I already contacted their respective maintainers to ask for the removal of the same contents and I'm waiting for a reply, but thanks anyway for pointing that out.

Let me know if you need anything else in order to proceed (maybe by switching to private email if it's not a problem for you).

Thanks again.

Replied - 07/05/2011
should be gone

Replied - 07/06/2011
Yes, it's gone.
Thank you very much.

Replied - 07/07/2011
no problem

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy