Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Member Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Member SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing account? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Posts of Note
Please Include User ID and/or URL
  We cannot assist if there is nothing for us to examine, so please include a
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How do I remove a contact email address? - 09/25/2014
I have reason to believe that I will lose control over my initial R360 contact email address in the near future. For this reason, I just tried to remove it as a contact address from my R360 account, but I couldn't find any option to do so.

What am I missing? How does one go about removing an email address that is no longer going to be good?

Replied - 09/26/2014
For those keeping score ... I've

1. Opened up a Support ticket in R360. As Webring / R360 has bought into the management fad of having the users / customers help each other (aka the blind leading the blind), that wasn't looking too promising to begin with. As (after five years of use) the Support area in R360 is still on page 2 - only two pages of posts - I'm not expecting a speedy reply.

Given the circumstances, I really need one.

2. I opened a Webring Support ticket.

3. I sent an email to Support.

A little extreme, but as Webring has a history of stonewalling its users and time would seem to be short, this seemed necessary. I'll give them a little while to reply, but with my email provider on the verge of locking its own users out of their own accounts (long story, managerial power tripping), I can't give them a few months. Nor should I be asked to. This is a security concern, and those should be taken seriously and addressed swiftly.

If this one isn't, I'll just create a new account, migrate everything over (webring memberships included) and explain to all involved why their time had to be wasted in this manner.

Not taking into account the possibility that a user might be forced to abandon an email address? Seriously, guys - for real? That sounded like a good idea to you?

Replied - 10/12/2014
So, Webring's solution to the problem is to hide the forum? How inspirational. Really a confidence builder.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy