Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Member Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Member SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing account? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Posts of Note
Please Include User ID and/or URL
  We cannot assist if there is nothing for us to examine, so please include a
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How to prepare for the possible death of Webring (part one) - 06/06/2014
I wrote this: "Error message on attempt to create a folder in my webspace, just now: "Create folder failed. /wr/art No write access to this file/folder. Problem reported in both the Webring Webspace help forum (a few days ago) and in an email to support, in which the broken links to the help forums and the pending help requests from last year were mentioned. No response. Nothing."

to which BBSGarage (one of the chatbox regulars) responded: "dont have webspace myself but from what ive seen, that is a common complaint."

after which I said: "So they know about the problem, and can't be bothered to fix it? Thanks, BBS. Knowing that I'm not going to get any help might not make my day, but at least it keeps me from wasting any more time checking back for a helpful reply from Support that's never going to come."

Not that I really did give up at that point, though I probably should have. I went on to say

"Last night, I noticed that Webring's system had sent me a 'welcome to webring' message in which I was asked how everything was going. I sent a reply in which I answered that question, mentioning the webspace creation problem, and said that I'd be pleasantly surprised if anybody ever read that reponse. For those keeping track, this is now four different ways in which I've reported the problem: 1. In the help forum. 2. In an email to membership using their form. 3. In the shoutbox. 4. In a reply to their welcome message, by PM. Still no action, and I'm left with the question of exactly how they would like to be notified? By singing telegram, maybe? Do people still do those? I saw one in a black and white movie, once. Probably wouldn't be as effective if somebody tried to do one, today, in May. It's a rare woman who can tap dance in flip flops."

Replied - 09/18/2014
everytime I visit a website with some navigation bar from webring I am AUTOMATICALLY redirected TO webring. Highly annoying. Best is to leave webring and delete their script from your site.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy