Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Member Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Member SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing account? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Posts of Note
Please Include User ID and/or URL
  We cannot assist if there is nothing for us to examine, so please include a
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I think my account is about to be hijacked! - 08/04/2014
I just tried to log into the r360.com account associated with my webring membership (that would be r360.com), and found that the system rejected my password. I clicked on the link for resetting the password, and was told that the email reset letter was sent to dcmatheny@verizon.net!

That is not my email address. I've never done business with Verizon. So, is the person who owns that email account going to be able to take over my webring account, which presumably has that r360.com address as one of the locations to which passwords for it can be sent?

As this is a security issue, a speedy response would be appreciated. In fact, I would think it would be essential. Thank you.

Replied - 08/06/2014
Replied offline. We'll look into r360. They have been having troubles staying up and in sync, but perhaps they have resolved things.

Replied - 08/10/2014
Thanks. I should mention that the email never arrived. I'm going to see if there is some way of querying Google to see if they're blocking Webring.com.

Replied - 08/24/2014
I see that your response to another question did make it through, so Google doesn't seem to be blocking Webring.com. Good. They shouldn't be.

But this still leaves us with a few problems - that "offline reply" of which you spoke never arrived. On attempting password restoration for math at r360 dot com, the r360 account supposedly associated with my webring account (id=math) I find that the system is still listing dcmatheny@verizon.net as my contact address.

That address at verizon, as I have said, is not mine. It was never mine. Could we please get this taken care of? If all I'm going to get on this issue is handholding and the promise of letters that never arrive, then this is going to be a problem.

Replied - 09/04/2014
Webring's response: Dead silence, I guess?

Replied - 09/18/2014
you better leave webring altogether, I did and it improved my ranking. There is something seriously wrong with their scripts, like automatically redirecting to their website.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy