Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Member Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Member SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing account? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Posts of Note
Please Include User ID and/or URL
  We cannot assist if there is nothing for us to examine, so please include a
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

HELLO! (echo, echo, echo) ... Is anybody here? :) - 06/25/2014
Better and better. :)

A few days ago, I got another bottle, offering another free month of premium membership. I followed the instructions and sent the staff the code, as before, and as before - no response.

Although, strangely enough, I did have access to the support ticket area, for a short while. Where they thinking of opening that option back up for the general user base? Make that yet another copy of the report of the inoperative webspace problem that I sent in, I guess for the Hell of it.

This is, as I said in my last email to them, getting mildly amusing. Annoying, but in an amusing way.

Replied - 06/25/2014
Better and better. :)

A few days ago, I got another bottle, offering another free month of premium membership. I followed the instructions and sent the staff the code, as before, and as before - no response.

Although, strangely enough, I did have access to the support ticket area, for a short while. Where they thinking of opening that option back up for the general user base? Make that yet another copy of the report of the inoperative webspace problem that I sent in, I guess for the Hell of it.

This is, as I said in my last email to them, getting mildly amusing. Annoying, but in an amusing way.

Replied - 06/25/2014
My report of the Webring Webspace creation problem can be found here:

http://w.webring.com/forum?forum=webspacesupport;thread=No+webspace+for+you%21+%3A%29

One correction: When I said that nobody at Webring had responded to my report in any way, that might not have been completely accurate. Part of it was censored - the posts deleted right out of the forum. I guess that could be called an answer of a kind. It's just not a very helpful one.

In much the same spirit, perhaps, and in much the same sense, Webring "replied" to my Support ticket last night. When I went to it in Chrome, just now, I got to see this lovely error message:

"This webpage has a redirect loop"

Just out of perverse curiosity, I'm trying the same thing in Internet Explorer. Ah, yes, here is comes ...

"This page canít be displayed"

How inspirational. They would seem to have dealt with the problem ticket by deleting it. So, to answer my own question, yes, somebody is here. He just doesn't want to have his busy day interrupted with any, you know, actual work.

It's just not personally fulfilling in the way that, say, coming up with new apps (that maybe 10 users will ever bother with) can be.

Replied - 06/25/2014
By the way ... in two days, the email I sent to support mentioning the free premium membership for a month offer I got (complete with the promo code) will be a month old. I even sent them a screenshot of the message, just in case they were skeptical, and a reminder.

I haven't heard back, yet. I wonder if they'll have the nerve, in two days, to send me a message asking me how I enjoyed that free month?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy