Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Member Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Member SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing account? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Posts of Note
Please Include User ID and/or URL
  We cannot assist if there is nothing for us to examine, so please include a
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

My name is not Tom Stanley, but the system seems to disagree? - 12/18/2012
I'm not making this up. If you go to my hubpage

http://hub.webring.org/user/minimalism

you will find a thumbnail of a face that doesn't look much like mine, laying atop the black square that is my own icon, and the face belongs to somebody named Tom Stanley. Is this because I responded to a repost of something posted by Tom Stanley?

I'd just like to be very sure that I'm not on the verge of losing my account because of a case of mistaken identity.

Replied - 12/19/2012
All is good. YOUR name is Ex Nihilo, right? The owner of the very dark box which is your icon. The Stanley one is there - in very small form - because you did reply to a post that person made. It's like automatically including a citation to the source so you can't be accused of plagiarism :)

Replied - 12/21/2012
"YOUR name is Ex Nihilo, right?"

That would be my screen name, yes.

"The owner of the very dark box which is your icon."

Yes, the ultimate in minimalism, short of the null set. :)

"It's like automatically including a citation to the source so you can't be accused of plagiarism :)"

Very good, then. It takes getting used to, but it does get a needed job done, doesn't it? Just being careful. I've heard from people who have had sites hijacked at other providers, and while I've tried to be careful about choosing secure passwords everywhere I go, some people online are really good at being bad guys, so I was a little worried.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy