Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Member Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Member SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing account? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Posts of Note
Please Include User ID and/or URL
  We cannot assist if there is nothing for us to examine, so please include a
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 8 of 8
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Hubpage for my account just went poof! - 10/10/2012
This started happening just a few seconds ago - all of a sudden, I can't go to the hubpage for my account in Internet Explorer or the hubpage for any of the rings in that same browser.

I'll try Firefox, and tell you what happens.

Replied - 10/10/2012
By the way - if this matters, the problem followed instantly after I updated a site description, the update including a comment on the temporary update notification section of the form.

Replied - 10/10/2012
In Firefox, when I followed the login link on the account details letter, I bounced through to the ring membership management page. When I clicked on "My Hub", I came to a white page, featureless except for the presence of this sentence in the upper left hand corner of the screen:

"Redirecting to null"

null being underlined, as if it were a link to somewhere. Something felt wrong about that, so I didn't click on the link. I don't know where it goes.

Replied - 10/10/2012
By the way, whatever that "redirecting to null" page was supposed to redirect to, it didn't during the time I spent typing that last post. I was, however, able to back arrow my way out of that page.

I tried going to the ring hubpages in Firefox, and found that I could do so, but only when I wasn't logged in, oddly enough.

As far as my account goes, this is a low priority item - I can do almost everything I planned to do today - but somebody with a new account might feel a lot less comfortable about the current situation, given that he'll be stuck with the easily crackable password generated for his account by the system. His account will definitely be at risk.

You might want to do something about that.

Replied - 10/10/2012
Uh, oh. Just now, when I went to

http://www.webring.com/

it redirected to

http://hub.webring.org/

where I encountered the aforementioned white screen, when logged in. That second page,

http://hub.webring.org/

did display when I was logged out, but only then.

Replied - 10/11/2012
We have resolved the problem. Internal account error. Thank you for the detail on the how and whe the problem accurred. We're looking into the cause now.

You should log out and back in.

Replied - 10/11/2012
Will do. If you haven't heard from me in a minute or two, you'll know that something strange happened.

Replied - 10/11/2012
OK, for the most part, everything seems to be working. The only lingering problem is that the link from the Hub to the administration page seems to move slowly, but I'm guessing that's a side effect of the Hub having been inaccessible until recently?

Going directly to the administration page from the link in my e-mail, I found that the admin page was running smoothly.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy