Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I don't have permission to update my own webspace :) - 02/24/2014
This is true! When I try to create a folder, I get this error message:

"wr/(directory name)
No write access to this file/folder."

When I try to upload a file, I get this error message

"You do not have access to perform this operation."

If not me, then who? :) I suppose that I could ask Support to upload my files for me, but with thousands of users an only ten people working for Webring, if we all made such a request, that might get to be a little much for the poor staff. :)

I just started trying to create my webspace, so maybe that's the problem? Maybe the system will catch up after a while or something? But at the moment, from a user's standpoint, the system looks inoperative, and you might lose a lot of users who are going to run into this problem, give up and leave. Not me - I've seen this system work before - but new members might be pardoned for assuming the worst when they see a site editor break down in such a manner.

Thought you'd want to know about this.

Replied - 02/24/2014
This is true! When I try to create a folder, I get this error message:

"wr/(directory name)
No write access to this file/folder."

When I try to upload a file, I get this error message

"You do not have access to perform this operation."

If not me, then who? :) I suppose that I could ask Support to upload my files for me, but with thousands of users an only ten people working for Webring, if we all made such a request, that might get to be a little much for the poor staff. :)

I just started trying to create my webspace, so maybe that's the problem? Maybe the system will catch up after a while or something? But at the moment, from a user's standpoint, the system looks inoperative, and you might lose a lot of users who are going to run into this problem, give up and leave. Not me - I've seen this system work before - but new members might be pardoned for assuming the worst when they see a site editor break down in such a manner.

Thought you'd want to know about this.

Replied - 02/24/2014
Sorry about the double posting. The system stuck a little, and I wasn't sure that the button had been successfully clicked.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy