Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ladybug Doubles Charts and Hazelnut Shells - 09/26/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZoZ88q7jRwY/Ug2Xehmok4I/AAAAAAAADs0/OO-O8Q8UkD8/s640/TPT_Banner_Aug_2013.jpg

Hi Everyone! 1. I'm super excited to see who will win my giveaway...only one day left (ends Friday night)! I'm humbled by the response - over 7700 entries so far. Click HERE to enter! But even more meaningful have been the lovely comments and great conversations that have evolved as a result. Teacher friends are just the best! 2.  Even if you don't win, I'll be having a $1.99 sale on Sunday after announcing the winner. Bundles will be included! 3. At school this week, the kiddos LOVED our guest from Mad Science, who did all kinds of exciting things at our assembly. She definitely had their attention! 4. When some kids brought in some hazelnut shells from the forest, it reminded me of an old craft I used to do years ago with acorn tops.  Clean them out, color with felt pen inside, and fill up with white glue. When it dries, it's all shiny and smooth inside, and the color seeps into the glue. 5. We've been practicing our doubles for three weeks now, and this week we made Ladybug Charts to illustrate our equations. It's simple to do - simply glue on a red circle in each section, and students draw the corresponding number of dots on each side as needed. Once they finished up to 10+10, they had the choice to continue on, using the dots as reference to find the answer independently.  Here is a little video that we use to practice our doubles. Thanks for stopping by!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy