Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

R.T.I. - Reading - 09/16/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ah7rpskqyR4/UjfFt4qwBXI/AAAAAAAAThg/PYp50_E8tCs/s640/Slide01.png

Are you finished with your beginning of the year assessments yet?  Do you feel all tested out?  Now that you know where your class is academically, it is time to begin planning for ways to help them. First and second grade teachers, I just revised my Reading Tips & Tidbits packet. The activities in this packet would work on those skills that your students need. Letter shuffle is an activity that can be used many different ways.  Student puts the letter(s) in their Letter Sounds personal pocket stand when the teacher ask them questions. Examples: *What sound do you hear at the end of the word "lamp"? *What blend do you hear at the beginning of the word "slide"? *Spell with your letter cards a word that rhymes with "cap". *Spell the word "pat".  Change one letter to make the word "pot". *Copy the letter cards and punctuation mark cards on different colored card stock. The first letter of the sentence begins with green because that is where you "go" to begin reading a sentence.  The punctuation mark is where the sentence "stops" so it is red. The pattern for the letters and a pattern for the holder above is included.  There are block letters and D'Nealian letter cards. Letter shuffle is a great activity to do at Family Reading Night or send it home for homework. Here's a sneak peek of the Letter Shuffle printables included with this packet. Snakes always seem to be a favorite exhibit on any Zoo field trip.  This adorable snake cartoon is s...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy