Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

All About Me Rainbows (Freebie!) - 09/08/2013
http://www.theorganizedclassroomblog.com/images/stories/classroomfreebies/button.png

Hello Everyone! I have an activity to share with you today that is perfect for the first weeks of school. It practices color words and recognition and invented spelling, but it also serves as an "All About Me" activity to share with classmates as we all get to know each other.  This is called "The Colors of Me" because it's all about the individual student. Everyone's rainbow will be different because we are all different; this leads well into a discussion about respecting everyone's diversity and differences, or even the colors in a real rainbow. Students simply fill out their answers and choose the appropriate colors needed.  These are great to share as a group afterwards.  If you'd like to try it with your class, grab this freebie by clicking here ! Thanks for stopping by!

All About Me Rainbows (Freebie!)

Replied - 09/12/2013
http://www.theorganizedclassroomblog.com/images/stories/classroomfreebies/button.png

Hello Everyone! It was my first full week with the new kiddos, so I didn't have much energy to create new things. Instead, I updated a few of my favorite  products, mostly changing fonts and adding versions that will save color ink costs when printing. I'm happy with how these turned out and I'm so glad TPT makes it so easy to improve our products as time goes on. If you already have any of these, you'll get a notification of the update. Meanwhile at school, our entire school spends most of our class time in the first week reinforcing our code of conduct. This includes the usual rules of respect, attitude, and best effort. We've had extremely motivating guest speakers visit the school to talk about how to handle conflict. During assemblies, our principal put together a giant jeopardy game that is projected. So cute to see our little ones stand up, take the microphone and say "I'll take 'Helping Others' for $200, please". I had to get myself a new electric pencil sharpener on the weekend, and I happened to notice these self-inking stamps for sale. Kinda funny - but I can't imagine anyone ever stamping "dislike" on the top of student work! I have an activity to share with you today from earlier in the week that is perfect for the first days of school. It practices color words and recognition and invented spelling, but it also serves as an "All About Me" activity to share with classmates as we all get to know each other.  This is called "The Colors of Me" because it's...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy