Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Week of September 2nd, 2013 - 09/06/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fzozmiFcZkE/TzMknee5hnI/AAAAAAAAALE/ZTHBmJroBMY/s320/Positive_Friday_Picture.PNG

It's Friday.  TGIF!  I am a bit late posting it again unfortunately, but this week I did have a pretty busy subbing week and I am ready to share the positives with each of you! Of course there was no school on Monday for Labor Day here in the United States, but Tuesday , I got to sub in a 1st grade class near home. I met the new secretary at the school who greeted me nicely and handed me my classroom key and told me how to get there.   When I opened the door many students waved and said hi to me whom I had subbed for the last year or two.  They were excited to see me!  Some were even from another school and they switched due to boundaries being changed.  I feel bad for those children as I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to keep changing elementary schools.  It is tough to have to keep adjusting to a new school. The 1st graders worked on the number 8 in Math.  We folded a paper in 4ths and did a t-chart in one square of all the ways to make 8, drew 8 of something (they loved my fish), made some addition sentences to make 8, and did dominoes for 8.  They also practiced their spelling words, sight words, and we read some fun stories. They were respectful and cooperative for me! I saw some of the 2nd graders from last year who I subbed for the most and they gave hugs or hi-fives.  They were super excited to see me.   I also ran into a friend's class (she had those 2nd graders last year) and she introduced me to her ...

Week of September 2nd, 2013

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy