Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Playful Assessment and Grasshopper Races! - 09/06/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZoZ88q7jRwY/Ug2Xehmok4I/AAAAAAAADs0/OO-O8Q8UkD8/s640/TPT_Banner_Aug_2013.jpg

It was my first week back at school this week, and I have to agree that there's no tired like teacher tired in the first week back. Whew! 1. First, a little bit of shopping at the dollar store to prepare: 2. Before we got going with regular classes, I spent time reviewing expectations and introducing some Whole Brain Teaching methods. The kids responded so well and seemed to love the engagement.  Another goal was assessment for students with fine and gross motor issues, basic counting and phonological awareness, number sense, color words.  I decided to accomplish all of these tasks using building and manipulative work. I gave the class particular tasks with blocks or crayons, and then walked around the room with my lists casually asking them to identify colors, count, build, patter, or write. I recorded my assessments as I went along, and the results were very telling about how students perform when they feel like they are playing and sharing, as opposed to being "tested".  3. After all that hard work, we managed to save some time for important things, like hunting for grasshoppers! Together we found 22 grasshoppers and decided to race them! We even used graphs and tally marks to record the results...it was quite the event.  How did I have the energy to host and manage grasshopper races at the end of the first week of school?  I don't remember - it's all a blur.  : ) 4. Earlier this week, I posted two new products up on TPT:  Interactive Jo...

Playful Assessment and Grasshopper Races!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy