Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Differentiation - 09/02/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZoZ88q7jRwY/Ug2Xehmok4I/AAAAAAAADs0/OO-O8Q8UkD8/s640/TPT_Banner_Aug_2013.jpg

Hello Everyone! For those of you who follow my blog, you'll know that I teach a multi-age class. This means that some of my kiddos are working at a kindergarten level, and others are reading at a grade 3 level - and everywhere in between. The parents are often skeptical when they meet me in September, and I understand that. They wonder how it's possible to teach so many different needs at once without neglecting anyone.  The answer is : Differentiation.  Over the years I've explained the idea so many times to parents, and often I spend a good deal of time after school showing them examples of what I mean. Here is one of the most simple examples that I often pull out of my filing cabinet to illustrate to parents that one activity can be differentiated to suit many. First, I show the parents this paper. Then I explain... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Everyone in the class gets the same sheet (or sometimes they can choose their own animal from the set).  Here are the tasks, from easiest to hardest. Level 1 . Kindergarten or E.S.L. * TRACE -   Slide the   pictures under blank paper (or journal). The thick black lines will be easily seen. Students should trace the picture to make their own copy, and color it.  For young or physically challenged students, this will be the entire job. --------------------------------------------------- Level 2 . Beginning Grade 1  ...

Differentiation

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy