Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Personal Word Wall Poster - 09/01/2013
http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=swafrofirgra-20&l=as2&o=1&a=0545133610

I've been brushing up on the upper levels of the guided reading groups using Jan Richardson's wonderful book... The Next Step in Guided Reading: Focused Assessments and Targeted Lessons for Helping Every Student Become a Better Reader I love the clear wording and suggested activities for each level of reader! I can create simple lesson plans to make each group time count for the readers that I'm meeting with during that small window of time...10-15 minutes... She provides a personal word wall in the book to help students write using correct spelling and since that's going to be a big push to get things on the hall wall this year...I've made a copy of the "personal word wall words" from her book for each students writing journal.  The thought is .... 80% of the words listed on this personal 100 word wall list are in our everyday writing...so if we can sound out the rest and use our phonic skills to write and then have them "check the list" under letter ____ to see if you've spelled a word in your second sentence right...they'll become better with the spelling as they progress with their writing... I've created a large "Swamp Frog Word wall" to hang in a prominent area of the room.... to be determined... so that we can refer to both of the resources and so that I can practice some words in small groups during the writing words time... I've noticed there's TONS of personal word wall thoughts out and about on the NET...  just google personal word walls and see all the ...

Personal Word Wall Poster

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy