Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Importance of Outdoor Play: Free Resources and Activities - 08/31/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s0J77r9_j7A/UiIW9YRY4eI/AAAAAAAAH30/HcHtb3qqZrY/s400/Importance_of_Outdoor_play_blog_button.jpg

My grandson just started 3rd grade and I was so surprised when he told me that he only had 10 minutes for recess after lunch. Last year he only had 20 minutes. It seems with all the high stakes testing that children have less time to just play outdoors. Personally I can't sit in my house couped up all day without getting out in the fresh air, even if it's 99 degrees outside. Why do we do that to children? I remember asking my students what their favorite subject was and most of the students said "Recess". Believe it or not  we let children go out and play in Alaska if the temperature was above 10 degrees! Here are a few great reasons why outdoor play is so important: Playing outdoors is multi-sensory. Students use all five senses in different ways that they aren't able to do in their classrooms. Informal play can help students connect to formal learning.  Think about science lessons about the change of seasons or plant. Students can actually see real-life changes in leaves or plants that they learned about in their classrooms. Outdoor play can help develop creativity in children.  Outdoor play helps reduce stress.  We all know that experts say that exercise helps reduce stress in adults. Letting children run off some steam will help them be more focused when they return to the classroom. Outdoor play can promote leadership skills.  Many children may not excel in the classroom but may excel in sports. It will give them a chance...

The Importance of Outdoor Play: Free Resources and Activities

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy