Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

What my kids are loving! - 08/31/2013
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-mWzSgPWBx6U/UiHhOHOwmLI/AAAAAAAAAdw/BJMtQSpMLyA/s640/blogger-image-2019141184.jpg

We have been back in school for 2 weeks now. Whew! It has been a whirlwind. My class of kiddos are wonderful! They are following procedures so well and working so hard.  We have been trying to get our classroom schedule all set and I have found a few activities that my students have fallen in love with! First is our reading journals. We have been cutting, coloring, organizing, and glueing until our little hearts are content. We are using Nicole Shelby's Interactive Reading Notebooks. They miss it if we don't use it in class for the day. I'm super excited about how it is coming along! Another activity that my students get excited about each day is Pick A Prompt. I created this product to give students a writing opportunity every day. I really like how it reinforces the three types of writing from the Common Core Standards. My kids literally beg to do this each day! I love that they are so excited about writing. I make a big production of the whole event. I used a cookie jar from Wal-Mart and added some ribbon so it would match our classroom. I'll stand in front of the class and mix up the prompts while talking up the "mystery" of what the prompt might be. They get so excited. Then I choose one prompt and read it aloud. We will discuss the prompt  and decide if it is narrative, informative, or opinion. I then remind the students of specific skills that we have been learning and that I want to see in their writing (example: sentence starters, capitalization, punctuatio...

What my kids are loving!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy