Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Teacher Week - Day 5 - Teacher Tricks! - 08/16/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-avvX_OcEwwM/Ug2woe_jKEI/AAAAAAAADts/HHXjLLbV3Jc/s320/Screen_shot_2013-08-15_at_9.54.27_PM.png

I'm linking up again with Day 5 of Teacher Week! Today's topic is Teacher Tricks. My best tip, which improves things in so many ways, is improved communication with parents.  On the very first day (when parents are still paying close attention to newsletters sent home) I ask for parent email addresses. I then make a master list and start emailing my newsletters from that point on. I've also used a blog to update parents, but honestly I've had much more success with a simple email going to all parents, especially for timely messages.  Another communication method: Class Dojo. I use class dojo in my class as a points/reward system, but it also has the capability of working as a communication method because parents can log in to their child's account and see how they are doing in class. I can also send reports home at the end of each week. And finally, I found another system of texting parents called Remind 101.  Here is a picture from their website: My first reaction was "I don't feel comfortable giving my number to parents." But wait - you don't give your own number. In fact, if parents want to respond, they must do so through email. Amazing! I have yet to use it regularly, but it does show promise. I also have to mention that one of the most valuable tips I have is to get your students outside as much as possible! So many teachers I talk with mention that their physical educations times are diminishing, and so are their outdoor play times. One of the ways I ge...

Teacher Week - Day 5 - Teacher Tricks!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy