Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Organizational Tips For Instruction - 08/13/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ByxtmgW41VQ/UgsLc67dlgI/AAAAAAAADqs/-SOBy_qfNr8/s400/Screen_shot_2013-08-12_at_12.20.24_PM.png

Day 3 of Teacher Week!  But before I get to organizing for literacy and math, one of my best organizational tips in general  is to always have a back up activity for emergencies or extra time on your hands! Here's a quick game called "Animal Runway" that we play after cleaning up for the day.  Students make two rows sitting on the floor as shown in the picture. The student on the end walks down the middle acting like a particular animal, and the rest of them try to guess. That's the whole game - so simple! But my grade 1's and 2's LOVE it. They get quite specific in the way they move and "talk", and the others love to guess. Once the "animal" reaches the other end, there's a new person at the front of the line; it runs itself once they get the hang of it. Give it a try! Organization for Small Group Instruction Every morning in my class I take a few small groups aside for some small group instruction. This is essential for those students who need a little extra attention and also just to make sure I'm tuned in to all of my students each week. Having said that, it's always a challenge to organize your classroom and routine in such a way that things run smoothly as opposed to descending into disorganized chaos! Here's what I do... 1. Plan great activities! Through trial and error I've collected the best independent activities for the rest of the class to do. The trick is to find activities that are both engaging and independent. 2. Organize time limits and breaks...

Organizational Tips For Instruction

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy