Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Teachers Blog - Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classroo

Forums     Login   Signup

The Teachers Blog

Manager: thelessonguide
Welcome to the place where you can find the most popular Teaching Blogs. Sharing resources to be implemented in classrooms all over the world is our Goal.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Monday Made It - Secret Sentences! - 08/11/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-REUJGQjsgBs/UfQ3jRO6siI/AAAAAAAADQY/Unwsj1Z8DHY/s320/Screen_shot_2013-06-23_at_12.16.59_PM.png

Time to link up for  Monday Made It ! Thanks Tara for hosting! First up, I found these wooden beads at the dollar store and thought they'd be perfect for making letter beads. Students just choose a sight word card and build it! For my older students there will be simple sentence cards to copy for more of a challenge.  Next, I used these thick boards with pipe cleaners to make Ways To Make counters. Students can explore all the different ways to make 8 and 10, or they can also use it to solve equations that equal 8 and 10. I think they'll like using them for math journals too! These two happy little fellows are going to be left on student desks when they use the washroom so I can quickly see who has left the room and to make sure only one boy and one girl leave at a time. I also have a sign out by the door, but I'll add this too! I made two Back To School kits for TPT this past week. The first one is focused on sentence writing (and yes, I've included the self-editing part which I can never seem to resist because it just works so well!) It's called Secret Sentences , and involves using a phonics picture code (Students have to ask themselves "What letter does the picture start with?" and then write that letter in the shape box to crack the code!) So good for practicing letter sounds!  The set reviews sight words, letter sounds, letter shape formation, capitalization, punctuation, sentence formation, self-editing, color words and number words to 10. And of course...

Monday Made It - Secret Sentences!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy