Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Publisher Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Publisher SupportNeed help with something related to using WebRing Publisher? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Publisher Not Responding - 08/25/2011
Am trying to access publisher to upload some updated files. From My Account, I click "Webspace CMS" like I always have, but when I try to click the folder icon to display the files & get to the upload tool, the file loader gets caught in a never-ending loading loop. I never see the files, let alone get the upload link. I can't even manually enter the files because these files go to a folder in the webspace, which I cannot get to at this time.

FWIW, it has not been cooperative for days, really. Over the weekend I was trying to upload/update in another account (avonrep_andrea). It would be too hard to try to describe at this time but let's say that if I wasn't paying attention 100% of the time (like I was editing a file I meant to upload), I'd get error messages when trying to access the upload. To remedy it, I'd go back to My Account & re-enter CMS all over. Time-consuming, but I got the work done.

Replied - 08/28/2011
Sorry for the delay. Publisher "expert" was not available a few days. When it displays this "not paying attnetion" behavior, were you idle for awhile? Like started to work, went away for some time then came back? The system keeps most things in "read only" state for security reasons, and only enables them when a user enters the webspace area. If you go idle it might very well reset to read only. Going out and back in would most likely fix it as you have discovered.

Replied - 08/31/2011
I had been idle for a few minutes, yes, as I'd be tweaking other pages for upload. I found it odd simply because it had never happened to me before this week. My usual MO is to work & upload, work & upload - sometimes repeatedly on the same file until my OCD brain is satisfied with what the eyes send it.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy