Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Pagan's Path - The Pagan's Path ring is for sites for and about Paganism in all its forms, including Wicca, Witchcraft, polytheistic re

Forums     Login   Signup

The Pagan's Path

Manager:
The Pagan's Path ring is for sites for and about Paganism in all its forms, including Wicca, Witchcraft, polytheistic religions of various traditions, Shamanism, nature religion, and pantheistic spirituality.

If your site is pagan in its essence, you are welcome to this ring! It is okay if your pagan site additionally features some Magick, Reiki, Astrology, New Age, Divination, or is commercial.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Roman Oracle - 03/31/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1jGEhpLf92I/UUueHyX4izI/AAAAAAAAAB8/ofeQ9cDD8s8/s1600/Homer_001.JPG

I was invited to join the Nova Roma organization last December, which was kind of odd because I had applied a year before and had completely forgotten about the application. Let me explain: Nova Roma is an educational organization that is devoted to recreating the ancient Roman culture. There is no fee to join, but a level of understanding Roman names is required, hence the learning curve.  After lengthy conversation back and forth, I chose the name of "Gaia Veturia Sacerdos", with an optional suffix of "Fortunalis". "Gaia" is well known in NeoPaganism as a mother earth Goddess; in ancient Rome, the name was commonly used by any woman in the process of ancient Roman weddings. Some marriages were sanctified when the woman uttered "ube tu gaius ego gaia" ( "wherever you are, I am there" ). Sometimes, Gaia became a first name; perhaps loosely translated as "Mrs." This unique blend of meanings for the name "Gaia" was very attractive, perhaps because I've been a single woman for a very long time, and getting just a little bit tired of it.  "Veturia" was my choice for a middle name, as a tribute to an ancient priestess Goddess Fortuna. Veturia was a married woman, and a mother, who took a stand alongside other women for peace. Ancient Roman women were given the right to speak out in public, as a result of Veturia's work. A rather magickal aspect of this name is that is sounds a little like "Victoria" which evokes contemporary images of exotic, frothy outfits and amazing ...

The Roman Oracle

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy