Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 9 of 9
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Is the Pending Submissions page not being used? - 06/29/2011
vicvoss posted: "Is the "Process New Submissions" page (for managers) out of use? Mine shows "There are currently no new submissions" but I had WebRing mail about Britt Andrew Burns, Site ID: 134 on June 14. (I sent welcome e-mail with offer of help but have had no reply and the navbar code is still missing). I see a Pending note on the "Member Sites" for "ray jozwiak-original, creative, eclectic piano music" but I don't recall any message about an application for his site. Webring ID: NCWR"

The pending submission page IS in use, but you may be using it incorrectly. It is there to review new submissions ffor content suited to the topic of the ring. If they are, then admit them to the ring. If not, deny them. There is no need to send them a welcome email offering to help with their navigation code and then leave them sitting in pending status. Aprrove them. The approval email, unless you have altered it to remove it, include information on adding the code if they need to. You can also follow that up with a friendly email of your own if they don't addd the code with in a day or so. In fact we would encourage that. But that is not the purpose of the pending submissions screen.

Replied - 06/29/2011
Thank you but I understand the purpose of the page (I have been running this ring since early 2000 and it did exceed 100 members at one time). What is troubling me is that neither of the two applicant sites mentioned seem to have appeared on the page. Also I have only seen the ray jozwiak one as a pending note on the Members Sites page,- I have no information about it or even a URL or email address.
It is very useful for WebRing to do the donkey work (I used to keep notes of all members & problems- now I'm lazy) but I must question if something seems wrong.

Replied - 06/29/2011
they undoubtedly appeared on the page but were most likely processed by some member or helper.

Replied - 06/29/2011
I'm sorry but this is not working. I had a message from you giving the details and the usual comments (ALERT! This is a BRAND NEW MEMBER.
-some urgency-they may very well need help-what WebRing is all about. -mentor them in these ways:-guidance in adding the navigation code-) As I would have done anyway, I did this the same day but could make no contact. I don't know what the Helper had done. The same thing has happened with other applicants.
In the other case I can see this site Pending but I have no way of seeing the site or contacting its owner. I do not feel I am running the ring any longer. Many long-standing members have melted away.

Replied - 06/29/2011
site 134 was approved it would seem. It is there in suspended state awaiting the member to add the code. You can WRMessage them from the manage members screen. Other than that, nothing looks amiss with site 134.

If you have some other specific example we're happy to look, but the conversation at this point is not clear enough for us to do much with. If there is some WRMessage you have that is inaccurate (the site 134 one loosk and acts just fine) we can look. If you think there is some site that should be ther that isn't then some detail we can use to look would be appreciated. If there is some site that IS there that you feel should not be then some information about that would also be helpful.

We're not trying to brush this off, but you understand hopefully that some documentation is needed to investigate.

Replied - 06/30/2011
Many thanks for last message. I had not looked for site 134 in the suspended Member sites, not having considered it a Member but thinking it should be On Hold as a New Submission. That is now clear.
The other specific point is that on my Hub and Member Sites pages, below the green banner and the Pendings in ... heading, it gives
" new composers web ring - ray jozwiak-original, creative, eclectic piano music " This is not a link. Maybe I've looked in the wrong places, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find this site or contact its owner?

Replied - 06/30/2011
Many thanks for last message. I had not looked for site 134 in the suspended Member sites, not having considered it a Member but thinking it should be On Hold as a New Submission. That is now clear.
The other specific point is that on my Hub and Member Sites pages, below the green banner and the Pendings in ... heading, it gives
" new composers web ring - ray jozwiak-original, creative, eclectic piano music " This is not a link. Maybe I've looked in the wrong places, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find this site or contact its owner?

Replied - 06/30/2011

Replied - 06/30/2011

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy