Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Webring vs social networks - 05/03/2011
i have been with Webring for many, many years and have been a Ring Manager for the past 6-8 years. I had become a premium member for a couple of years but left my premium membership die about 6 months ago when I couldn't justify continuing to pay for nothing. Now I find that I am having a very hard time convincing folks to even add their site to WR. They don't have a problem with the concept of WR, but they don't have the knowledge or the inclination to add the WR code to their sites. Plus, they tell me that, with social networks like Facebook, they are able to keep contact with their customers and to spread the story about their website much easier than fooling around with an antique approach like WR. What technique are others using to continue to have their rings grow and prosper? Are there any plans to find a way to combine the stregths of WR with social networking sites like FB? What does the future look like???

Replied - 05/03/2011
Sites like facebook are just one tool in promoting one's site. That's the basic argument. If you have a website for your cusiness/personal hobby/issue then you clearly want visitors. You facebook, you tweet, you do what you can with your site to get it in high places in search engines. WebRing is *one* more means of driving traffic. We would never suggest to someone that they use webring and forego facebook, etc.

Replied - 05/03/2011
And just to follow up on the "trouble" users need to go through to add the code....

we have been creating "how-to's on the webring FAQ lately. As a rule it really is not terribly difficult. 10-15 minutes.

But that aside, why *not* take a few minutes for *free* traffic?
People add google analaytics, or stacounter, or counters and other non-traffic generating code to their pages all the time.

As for going premium? we encourage members to try free, then try premium for a bit and see if there is a difference to justify the cost. If you get 100 hits a quarter at 8 bucks is that worth it? Almost any site that uses adwords will scream yes. If you get 5 hits then maybe not. Depends on the site, how well the title and description are written, the rings joined, etc.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy