Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

New Member Management Needs to be Fixed - 04/29/2011
I kept getting emails from Webring that I have a BRAND NEW MEMBER and need to check new submissions... except when I use the link within the email to check new submissions there AREN'T ANY! So finally I went to account settings to see why: my old setting of manual-approval-only is no longer allowed and the default setting is to have a new submission auto-admitted to the ring. Granted, the default is a window of 30 days to review the site before the member is permanent, but I did not realize this change had gone into effect. The problem is not really that new sites are auto-accepted into the ring, the problem is that these new sites DO NOT APPEAR IN THE NEW SITES LIST in Ring Management. I was thinking that these new members rescinded their applications and didn't know to check the Active Members list. This needs to change, even if new members are auto-accepted, all new submissions should remain in the "waiting for approval" list to which the notification email is linked for the amount of time selected (30 days in my case)!

Replied - 04/29/2011
it's likely that other members of the ring, system helpers, or staff here handled the new submissions. we make an effort to handle all brand new members submissions in under a day in order to keep these new members engaged. as manager you obviously have the ability to review these new member sites at your leisure to make a final decision as to whether they are perfectly suited to the ring's topic or not.

Replied - 04/29/2011
I always click on the link within my notification email when I open it, and I check my email at least twice a day. This alert arrived at 7:17 am today and I clicked the link about 4 hrs after that. No one at Webring stepped in to accept the site before I got here, I am sure of that. However, as I said in the original post, the issue is not whether a site is auto-accepted into the ring, the issue is that the *link within the email does not connect me to where I need to go to deal with this particular new submission* because new submissions are no longer listed within the "New Submission" list! This needs to change no matter what system "accepts" the site, it needs to remain in the New Submissions list until I make the site officially a part of my ring or the 30 days expire!

Replied - 04/29/2011
No. the link is taking you to the correct place. the new submission has been processed, so it is not new any longer. this is the whole point of community manageable rings, which rings managed by free members are. You are encouraged to go through your "manage members" sites on a regular basis to review ALL sites, not just "new" ones, though the new one would likely be in that list unless the person who processed the new submission deemed it unsuited to the ring at all, which is possible but not highly likely. as often as not the site is approved and moved to the suspended sites list until the user puts the code on the page.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy