Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ring manager cannot log in to webring.com - 03/30/2011
I was ScottyDM and have logged in for years as ScottyDM, using Firefox's username/password storage system. But I cannot log in. When I go to ask for my password I discover that your system insists there is no user ScottyDM.

So I go to the webring I manage and see my name is now scottydm. You either changed the way the sign-in system reacts to case, or changed the case of my name in the database. Either action is unwelcome.

So I attempt to sign in as scottydm, but your system will not accept my password. I ask for my password and you e-mail me my existing password exactly as Firefox has it stored.

I try to sign in with a valid (if changed by you) username, and a password you've supplied, and the password is rejected. I copy/paste the password from the e-mail you just sent me and the password is rejected.

What the hell?

Okay, maybe you changed the password code. My password has upper and lower case characters, numbers, and a tilde character. That's a "~" character.

New password rules? No punctuation allowed?

I suspect someone f***ed with the code and broke the system. That is very unwelcome.

What can we do about this?

Scotty

Replied - 03/31/2011
We're assuming you did not try this for a year before asking for help, but only just recently tried logging in again?

your id has *always* been scottydm, so do not find that unwelcome. The login process will accept teh upper case, however and convert to lower internally.

Your password has been reset and sent to you via your email. Should it not arrive please post back here.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy