Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 9 of 9
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

32 sites but 78 members - 01/13/2011
My GeoChristian WebRing has 32 sites but the sites page says the ring has 78 members. That is at least 46 members that don't have sites.

Among the members are presumably WebRing accounts system2 and adoptable. Spammer Joyce C Locke is there with her glimpsesofgod and inspirations1 accounts. There is a bunch accounts like um_5725 which WebRing created when it moved abandonned Geocities accounts to webspace.

I accept that because I have a free account any member of the ring can add or delete members. However, it looks that there are 46 others who have nothing to do with the ring that can change the ring.

Replied - 01/13/2011
where do you see the 78 members part?
We see 32 member sites.

Replied - 01/25/2011
Under your new format (http://hub.webring.org/hub/geochristian) there are 30 sites and 78 members.

Replied - 01/25/2011
there are 30 membershis with sites, 78 *people* who are assocaited with the ring. Might be people following, etc.

Replied - 01/26/2011
System, are you trying to tell me that WebRing intended that those 48 people who have nothing to do with the ring should be members? I'm not sure why you are denying that those 48 members are there because of a WebRing bug.

Replied - 01/26/2011
we are saying that yes, those other people have some associated with that ring. That's the way a social network works. They may not have a site, but they expressed some interest. They can always express un-interest and disassociate themselves from the ring, or add their won site at some point if they have one, or just "follow" the ring.

Is it bothering you somehow?

Replied - 01/28/2011
Tell me how they would express un-interest and disassociate themselves from the ring?

Replied - 01/28/2011
BY signing in on the social side - it is still in development in case you have not followed newsletters going back to last summer - and do so that way.

this should not be a concern of yours at present. We're curious as to why it is. If someone is interested in the topic is that a bother to you? We asked that before and did not get a response. Does it offend you that some people might like the topic and yet not have a website?

Replied - 01/31/2011
Huh?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy