Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

At least 3 glitches or intentional changes with webring.com? - 01/25/2011
1. I haven't gotten notices to my personal email address from webring.com for a while, except for a message sent by a member today asking me to activate him. I don't know why I am not getting notices like I used to for suspended pages, new pages needing approval, etc. Did I miss some announcement of changes within the past 2 or 3 months?
brbr2. When I came here tonight to activate the site, though a new site, I found that he was already (automatically?) activated without my need for approval. Not sure how that could be, or perhaps the next thing I discovered explains it, someone else may have done it(?).
brbr3. The third thing is that lastly, I did a search for a webring I don't manage, and when I got there, I found that I was recognized as having managing privileges though I am not a webring member, let alone manager/owner of it. All the management features were accessible, though someone else was indicated as the owner/manager of that webring.
brbrSo now I wonder how many webrings might have open access and the managers/owners don't know it. Weird!
brbrSo is there something going on here, or is this all a dream (or nightmare?) Maybe I ate too much chocolate tonight and I'm in a caffeine coma or something.

Replied - 01/25/2011
Ok, I saw in another thread that yahoo is apparently putting webring emails into the bulk folder, but I check my bulk folder and have never seen them there, and one got to me today.
brbrI also read something in another thread that free accounts can be managed by any member. When did that go into effect? And what would be the point of being an owner if anyone can change whatever they want? I'm confused.

Replied - 01/25/2011
Yahoo is swirling the internet drain. At least in terms of performance. We have two people who sit ten feet from one another, have sent emails via yahoo and webring for years to each other. Not long ago the emails from one from yahoo to webring started bouncing. They said webring dos not exist. On the other emails from webring to yahoo either don't arrrive, or arrive weeks later.

The answer? Dump yahoo and any other "free" email service. Gmail falls roughly into that group but they have been more reliable. Of course they are a couple years junior to yahoo so we'll see in a couple of years.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy