Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Who Stole My Ring? - 07/30/2010
Coming in to manage, I find that one of my rings has been stolen. It is no longer at the location where it was but seems to re-direct to another ringmaster's ring.

WTF????

Is there anything I can do to get my ring back?

??????????????????????????????????????

Webring ID - mine = energywebring
Stolen Ring = hexengeniale
Redirecting now to = goddesscircle

Is this happening cause I haven't paid anything?

Replied - 07/30/2010
You have been in managing your other ring pretty regularly over the past few months and you never noticed the ring was not in your account?

It was placed under system management in 2008 due to lack of management. We sent out the usual 7 weekly emails before doing so.

Subsequently it was merged with another ring, early in 2009.

Replied - 07/30/2010
I didn't get any notifications or systems messages to that effect. I have one surviving ring now, just look at it, it is managed perfectly well. As was the Magic Women ring. This is not right.

Look why don't you just go and merge my other ring with someone else while you're there?

I've been a webring member since 1999. Ok so I don't live on webring, for the love of God, but my sites have always been clean, delivered more traffic than they took, and I did manage the rings when they needed managing.

This is not good enough, it really isn't.

And it really isnt.

Extremely unhappy.

SFX

Replied - 07/30/2010
Unserstandable, but look at it from the perspective of the user applying to the ring. At the time it was put under system management it had not been managed for 168 days.

weekly requests went to
sfx at lllmmlll dot com

Replied - 08/18/2010
baloney. it's happened to my rings too. i've gotten no emails when my rings were stolen. NONE. this is B.S. it's starting to get old, real old. i'm about ready to DUMP WebRing. it faired better when it was still part of Yahoo.

Replied - 08/18/2010
are you referrring to radiocity, the ring that was unmanaged for 948 days back in 2008? Or cpm (598), mess (548) in 2006, netscape 281 in 2007. All these had to be placed under system management. You can't ignore a ring for 3 years.
brbrWe do our best to send out weekly notices when a ring needs attention, but we've said it over nad over and over again:
brbrIt is the manager's responsibility to login and check on the rings they manage on a regular basis.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy