Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Navigation Code color settings repeatedly lost - 07/12/2010
While I realize that changes to settings often require several minutes to take effect, one of my settings keeps reverting to the default - the text color. In our case this has the effect of making the ring title INVISIBLE. Not good.

Replied - 07/14/2010
It appears to be something about your site....The navbar is not siplaying as it should and nothing we do seems to alter it. You can see it here as it is saved:
se7.webring.com/testnb.html
but it's not rendering that way on your page for some rason - probably to do with css.

Replied - 07/14/2010
Nope. I just looked at it, and every setting apart from the image had defaulted again. Yes, we are overriding the background and font size with CSS - nothing else. I did change the image last night, leaving the color settings untouched.Output held for some hours. As soon as I turn my back, bang to default.

As a separate issue, I have examined the output of navbar.js, and all the link titles have errors in the nesting and placement of the single quotation marks.

Honestly, the nav bar is so ugly and inflexible and 'web 1.0' anyway that we are having difficulty generating much interest from affiliates. And didn't there used to be a 'Random' link?

I am going to examine using the HTML navbar - at least we and our members will have control over the look and feel, and not have it go haywire every day.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy