Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Knitting Ring - Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Forums     Login   Signup

Knitting Ring

Manager: goddess_isisuk
Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

String Of Beads - 01/01/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C-To0j3pyCw/UOOzjIMc8mI/AAAAAAAAE_g/vtTwNsUOF0I/s200/stringofbeads1.JPG

Happy New Year. I thought I might surprise you all by posting about a FO on my first post of the year. Surprise! This is a knitted necklace called String Of Beads. It’s a free pattern—at least this month, if you are a member of the Yahoo Groups Holiday Mystery Gifts Group. I was just looking to knit something quick to keep my hands busy for an hour or so. This seemed like a good candidate. It uses just a small bit of yarn, so I thought it would be good to use some of the novelty type yarns that I have bits of. Here it is in Caron Jewel Box Obsidian , which is actually two strands of slightly different colored chenille and one variegated strand of some kind of thread-weight yarn. The waves of this pattern and the garter stitch gave this a nice, plush, chunky look. If I'd had more of this yarn, I might have made this longer so that I could double loop it around my neck. Then I tried it with a fine yarn, Patons Lacette on smaller need...

String Of Beads

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy