Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Knitting Ring - Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Forums     Login   Signup

Knitting Ring

Manager: goddess_isisuk
Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Some Of My Own Ornaments - 12/19/2012
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S2h_E-DTBQA/UM9_yHuN7oI/AAAAAAAAEwU/cChfNgtYvIM/s200/swap_snowman.JPG

This lovely snowman from my Rav swap partner has joined the Christmas memories on my tree. You can see several of my own hand-knitted ornaments, too. Like this bell. I made it several years ago, so I don't remember which pattern I used. I'm pretty sure you can find one like it on the internet, though. It's done with short rows and each bell takes about half an hour to complete. I put a jingle bell inside this one, which was probably a mistake, since it now bears strong resemblance to a cat toy. Or you can make one of these from this pattern . These lace ornaments are not an original idea. I don't really have a pattern for them, but I will tell you exactly how they are made. This one is a garter stitch square. I cast on about 15 stitches on a largish needle with crochet cotton and knitted a square. Bind off. Put a glass ornament inside and draw the square up around it, stretching the stitches a bit. Thread some ribbon through the top and...

Some Of My Own Ornaments

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy