Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Knitting Ring - Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Forums     Login   Signup

Knitting Ring

Manager: goddess_isisuk
Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A Few Christmas Memories - 12/17/2012
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PRLJ9rXbP4s/UM9v12EZ_OI/AAAAAAAAEso/LmmEFBb87ig/s200/Pat_and_Chuck.JPG

Decorating the tree when I was a kid was usually something my brothers and I did. (And after Rick and Mike were gone, it was something that fell to me and Chuck.) I'm sure I have some photos that show the tree a little better, but this one gives you the idea, in case you've never seen a vintage '60s-era aluminum tree. You can find these actual trees online now, btw. Isn't the internet wonderful? We had an array of glass ornaments (and in the late 70s, some of the trendy "satin" ones), ceramic ornaments, paper ornaments, ornaments my mom crocheted, and ornaments we kids made at school over the years. Putting those ornaments on the tree was like looking through a scrapbook. We also had a color wheel. A color wheel, if you've never seen one, shines a light through a colored lens (on a wheel) up at the tree, creating slowly-shifting colors on your aluminum tree. Chuck used to love the color wheel. As a very small child, he would often fall...

A Few Christmas Memories

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy