Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Knitting Ring - Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Forums     Login   Signup

Knitting Ring

Manager: goddess_isisuk
Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Shawls! - 06/20/2012
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x-VTrB7hmaM/T-I9k8cT5pI/AAAAAAAAAa8/wq6n47j7Llc/s320/StormFirShawl2.jpg

This year my goal is to knit at least twelve shawls. Last year my goal was to knit eleven, and I ended up knitting 24, plus finishing three large ones I'd started in 2010. I started 2012 knitting Jared Flood 's Bridgewater Shawl , but ran out of yarn (after 1250 yards) near the end of the first lace chart. So far, I haven't been able to find more of the yarn, but I'm still looking. The next shawl I knit was Storm Fir by  Erica Jackofsky . This shawl was designed for bulky yarn, so it knits up fast. The shawl could probably be knit in one day, but since I was knitting other things at the same time, it took me three days. I started on 29 January and finished on 31 January. I used just over three skeins (381 yards) of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in the  Blue Blood Red (M-80) colorway. (As always, click on any photo to enlarge.) Next I knit the Ballerina Shawl by Michelle Miller . I knit this as part of a knit-along with severa...

Shawls!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy