Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Knitting Ring - Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Forums     Login   Signup

Knitting Ring

Manager: goddess_isisuk
Open to quality sites devoted to hand knitting, wools and yarns, and related crafts.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

There's Just Something About Lace... - 07/08/2012
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1yxF1LkPAtU/T_njtbZt-AI/AAAAAAAAAcM/c1qoCcb9HeM/s320/FarmShawl.jpg

Shawls have become my knitting of choice. I'm not sure why they appeal to me so much, other than all the lovely lace. I like knitting lace. I like knitting sweaters and socks, too, but there's just something about lace. The shawl shown at right is the Farm Shawl by Michelle Miller . I test knit this pattern, but apparently didn't block my gauge swatch aggressively enough because my shawl turned out to be a lot larger than expected, even though I didn't block the shawl aggressively at all. (As always, click on any photo to enlarge.) I knit the shawl using Dream in Color Wisp, a lace-weight yarn, in the Valentine colorway. I used 910 yards, although the pattern calls for 640 yards. Gauge generally isn't a big factor in shawls---unless you're likely to run out of yarn. Or if you're test knitting the pattern. The shawl was a fun knit, and fairly fast. I started this shawl on 22 May and finished on 01 June. The final dimensions of my shawl w...

There's Just Something About Lace...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy