Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The History Ring - This ring celebrates History, historical events, figures and fields. This Ring is designed to be seen by all ages. You m

Forums     Login   Signup

The History Ring

Subrings: World War II History   Egyptian History  
Manager: thehistoryring
This ring celebrates History, historical events, figures and fields. This Ring is designed to be seen by all ages. You must have detailed historical information, or links to sites which do, on your website in order to join the Ring. "Commercial" sites are not encouraged, and must have a considerable amount of detailed information on their site to qualify for membership. The address you list on your application MUST be the page where you will place the Ring's HTML code.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Pressed Powder Homemade... Kind Of - 04/03/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c3FOgMoS0dc/UPEa-CHKqNI/AAAAAAAACzE/6PUzSBoT-uo/s320/100_9449.JPG

According to past data of the early 1900s, a sort of pressed powder can be made from combining loose powder with mucilage of tragacanth. I ended up with a ton of rose-tinted powder a while back, which I thought would be good to utilize for this experiment. I didn't make any measurements as I don't own precise enough scales to really measure small amounts too well -- and I didn't want to make a pound of pressed powder. So I decided to just eyeball it. I just combined it until I got what seemed like the right texture. The tragacanth was still a little lumpy in places, but I hoped that it might absorb together after sitting. Then I pressed the mixture into an old powder compact I had around. After sitting overnight, the result... well. Was not too pretty. I put it back into the mortar and pestle, thinking maybe the trouble was that the tragacanth itself had been too poorly incorporated. I made a new, smoother batch by beating it all back to powder and just adding water. Back into the compact. Another day to dry, the result was a bit nicer looking, though still crackly: Unfortunately, when I went to try it out -- no powder came off. I rubbed my brush into it for probably a whole minute and not a bit of powder was transferred off the tablet. I suspect there's way too much tragacanth in the mixture and it needs some more powder to offset it. But that experiment, I think, will have to be done on another day.

Pressed Powder Homemade... Kind Of

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy