Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The History Ring - This ring celebrates History, historical events, figures and fields. This Ring is designed to be seen by all ages. You m

Forums     Login   Signup

The History Ring

Subrings: World War II History   Egyptian History  
Manager: thehistoryring
This ring celebrates History, historical events, figures and fields. This Ring is designed to be seen by all ages. You must have detailed historical information, or links to sites which do, on your website in order to join the Ring. "Commercial" sites are not encouraged, and must have a considerable amount of detailed information on their site to qualify for membership. The address you list on your application MUST be the page where you will place the Ring's HTML code.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Costume Time! Portrait of Madame X, Part 3 - 01/13/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wDBmvkRxn4Q/UJLTjgBImAI/AAAAAAAACRo/OIBqaSoCepc/s320/100_9003.JPG

While I considered using only historical makeup items for the look, in the end I was trying to recreate the smooth, licked-over effect of a painting. Although I did some experiments with the traditional cream and powder makeup , nothing was able to match the look of clean, smooth skin like modern cosmetics. So I began with a base layer of some modern makeup foundation, on pretty much every part of my body that showed -- face all the way down to the wrists. I then dusted it all over with a white powder made from an authentic Victorian era recipe of talc and bismuth. I made use of the Madame X Makeup Look  to do up my face, employing the same historical white powder to dust it over. I found I had to adjust some of the coloring, now that I was a redhead -- my "Rosary" lipstick had to be blended with some bright red to warm the color up, and I used a mixture of two browns from a Physicians Formula eye palette  to make the shadow. Brow/Eyeliner was Bare Minerals Onyx , applied with a brush. Rouge was also Bare Minerals, Glee color (which doesn't show up strongly in the photo but trust me, it's there.)  Properly lit in sunlight, the effect was nearly perfect.

Costume Time! Portrait of Madame X, Part 3

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy