Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Goddess Circle - A web ring for Pagan, Wiccan and Witchcraft sites. All traditions welcome. We especially cherish sites with a female per

Forums     Login   Signup

The Goddess Circle

Manager:
A web ring for Pagan, Wiccan and Witchcraft sites. All traditions welcome. We especially cherish sites with a female perspective on spirituality and religion, and sites about any of our many Goddesses. Commercial sites welcome if relevant. 

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Lugh the Comforting - 08/01/2013
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Lugh_spear_Millar.jpg

It's Lughnasadh!  Where has the summer gone? For me it has been days and days of homework, driving kids to camps and swim meets, working, plus searching for a clinical internship for my counseling degree.  Full time grad school, work, kids, the usual...  I started this week in a clinical internship at a huge local agency providing services to families with kids on the autism spectrum, working as a clinical counseling intern!  Yay!  It took months to find the right place, but I am very happy with the internship I have (and it's paid, yay again!) Thus for Lughnasadh 2013 I have so much to be thankful for! And despite ongoing puja to Bridget, today I am sending thanks to Lugh.  Ok, a little overlap in the Celtic pantheon, but Bridget doesn't mind.  Lugh the warrior has always had a close Bridget relationship (warriors and blacksmiths have a close bond after all).  But I owe Lugh, and am dedicating my post to him today (since I don't have time with driving kids and work and school to stop and buy a beer and pour it out to him!) Three years ago, Lugh's presence came to me at one of the hardest times of my life.  Back then, my ex was threatening me and the kids again, a long pattern in our then relationship.  Years of lawyers and therapists had told me there was nothing I could do, and I had struggled for all that time, with great support from good friends, to give my kids the best childhood I could. Back then, though, the threats ...

Lugh the Comforting

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy