Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Family Recipe Friday - Jefferson Davis Pie - 05/24/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-it7yOFdrypo/UZUvbsnl0rI/AAAAAAAAOVY/JoJvxzmCvGw/s400/Jefferson_Davis_Pie.jpg

You'll find this recipe with several names, Jeff Davis Pie, Jefferson Davis Pie, The Confederate Pie, Chess Pie, The South Will Rise Again Pie, and the list could go on and on! You'll see by it's simple ingredients that it is literally a dessert that was put together by cooks who did not have ingredients for a dessert, and who simply threw together what they had available. This was probably necessitated by the Civil War, when ingredients would have been hard to come by! I can remember my Grandma Bean making this, although she called Custard Pie, and my Grandma Dreher making this, and she called it Chess pie. My Mother-in-Law, Betty Rotge Custer, also made this, and she called the Jeff Davis Pie. Whatever you choose to call it, this recipe is tried and true! I have included this delicious recipe for whipped topping, which comes exclusively from  http://sweetteaandcornbread.blogspot.com/2013/05/jefferson-davis-pie.html    and to whom I am reminded of this delicious recipe from their recent post of it! This is a special, easy recipe and can be thrown together in a jiffy! Enjoy! Jefferson Davis Pie Ingredients: deep, dish pie shell, unbaked 1-cup sugar 1-cup brown sugar 1- Tbsp. flour 1/4-tsp. nutmeg 1/4-tsp. cinnamon 1-cup whipping cream 4-eggs, slightly beaten 1/2-cup butter, melted 1- Tbsp. lemon juice 1/8-tsp salt 1-tsp vanilla Preparation: Preheat oven to 400°. Mix the sugars, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add cream and mix. ...

Family Recipe Friday - Jefferson Davis Pie

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy