Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 17 - 20 of 20
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Family Recipe Friday - 11/30/2012
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U2R8HCcd3AQ/ULE-ullr0jI/AAAAAAAAN0M/XEz5y8GNGzU/s400/chess_pie.jpg

Chess Pie -   Mama's Chess Pie   I've written before, that, although my Mama wasn't a terrific cook, and there were few dishes she did exceptionally well, she did have her rare moments of genius. This was one of those dishes that Mama was far surpassed her usual in! And one which she seldom made, leaving it for holidays or special occasions. As for me….I try to make it often. Why? Because it’s cheap. And easy. Two things that make any dessert desirable. But more importantly…it’s absolutely delicious!!!   INGREDIENTS ½ cup butter 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 eggs 1 tablespoon cornmeal ¼ cup evaporated milk 1 tablespoon white vinegar 9-inch pie shell   DIRECTIONS: 1.    Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). 2.    In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Mix in the eggs, then stir in the cornmeal, evaporated milk and vinegar until smooth. 3.    B...

Family Recipe Friday

Replied - 12/07/2012
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_3LVYp97Upk/ULzYOoEu5KI/AAAAAAAAN2I/IqjFSm1cSOY/s400/yellow_squash_and_zucchini.jpg

A Squash Kind of Day! - Each Friday I share a recipe with you, that may or may not be from an ancestor. Most of these are recipes that I use all the time in my cooking, and are recorded here for my grandchildren when they get older. Today I want to share with you my yellow squash and zucchini with onions. First, let me assure you, that if you are looking for a dish that has great presentation, this is NOT the one you want to use! It doesn’t present  well. But if you are looking for the simplest, easiest and tastiest veggie dish ever, then this is the one! Prep time is minimal , and the cook time is about 15 minutes! So it’s really fast. Very healthy. And the taste is unbelievable. Yellow Squash, Zucchini and Onions Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 medium yellow squash, washed 2 medium zucchini, washed 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin 2 tablespoons butter Salt & Pepper to taste   With a sharp knife...

Family Recipe Friday

Replied - 12/14/2012
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P3LsMAAMsOw/UMchh1PjqHI/AAAAAAAAN4A/EcZD9Ufxl5c/s320/Aunt_Mildreds_Coconut_Cream_Pie.jpg

Aunt Mildred's Coconut Cream Pie (Almost) - For years I have tried to woo my Aunt Mildred’s delicious coconut cream pie recipe from her. She will always respond with “a little of this and a little of that”. Finally I decided one day to watch her make the pie. I have never perfected her crust, but the pie itself… well, this is probably about as close as I can ever hope to come!!! Enjoy!!!     1 9" pie shell Pie Filling 1 cup sugar 3 egg yolks 1/4 cup cornstarch 2 cups milk 1 Tbs. butter 1 tsp. vanilla 1 1/2 cups coconut Meringue 3 egg whites 1 tsp. baking powder 4 Tbs. sugar 1 tsp. corn starch 1 tsp. vanilla Take the eggs out of the refrigerator an hour or so before you are going to make the pie. A key to getting a good high meringue is that the egg whites be at room temperature. Place the pie shell on a cookie sheet. Bake the pie shell in a 350 degree oven just until it's lightly browned. About 15 minutes. Whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and mil...

Family Recipe Friday

Replied - 04/26/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TOMG5UYoDNs/UWyw-lXpOBI/AAAAAAAAOJY/S5ysnR1tuY8/s400/stuffed_mexican_chicken_shells.JPG

This is a new recipe for us, but it is so delicious, we will be making it often! Stuffed Mexican Chicken Shells  Ingredients: 4 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 6 green onions, diced 1 green pepper, diced 1 red pepper, diced 3 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened (not melted) 2 cans diced tomatoes with chiles, undrained (Rotel or store brand) 1/4 cup chicken broth 1 tsp cumin 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 2 cups salsa 40 large pasta shells Directions: Cook pasta shells in well salted, boiling water until al dente (still have a little bite to them- if you cook them too long, they will be difficult to stuff). Drain the pasta and set aside while you make the filling. For the filling, add diced chicken, drained black beans, green onions, diced peppers, and cumin into a large mixing bowl. Mix well. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, chicken broth and undrained tomatoes with chiles. When thoroughly combined, pour it over the chicken mixture and mix well (if you have trouble incorporating the cream cheese and tomatoes, you can heat it slightly in the microwave). You will need either 2 9x13" baking pans OR one large baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup salsa in the bottom of each 9x13" baking pan. Using a spoon, fill each of your cooked pasta shells with chicken mixture, setting them into the salsa-covered pan. Continue until all shells are filled and arranged in the pans. When the pans are full, drizzle the shells with...

Family Recipe Friday

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy