Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A is for Archibald Hume - 04/01/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uXm2eEJweXY/ULFTWefEAGI/AAAAAAAAADo/n8khUArWqCw/s640/Archibald_Hume_Death_Cert_1857.jpg

Archibald Hume Death of Archibald Hume For many years I was unable to find the death record of my 3x great-uncle Archibald Hume. His family had lived in Clerkenwell, London from the mid-1820s when his daughter Agnes was born until after the 1851 census when they were living at 2 Coburg Street, St James, Clerkenwell. At that point Archibald was a Master Painter employing 3 men and therefore fairly successful. At some point between the 1851 and 1861 censuses Mary, his wife moved to Islington. In the 1861 census Mary was living with one of her daughters, Jane Lorimer Hume and a grand-daughter, Agnes Hume, at 26 Mildmay Street, Islington, Middlesex. Mary was shown to be widowed and working as a charwoman. So Archibald would seem to have died between the 1851 and 1861 censuses. But Archibald did not appear in any death records from either Clerkenwell or Islington or any parishes in North London. I undertook searches at a range of on-line Death records including Ancestry , The Genealogist , Findmypast , FreeBMD  and Family Search . A single entry of death for an Archibald Hume was found in Camberwell: Deaths Sep 1857 Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page Hume Archibald Camberwell 1d 273 Having ordered the death certificate from the General Register Office the information it contained was a significant shock. The certificate showed Archibald Hume was a plumber making it quite likely to be my 3x great-uncle. However he had committed suicide by hanging himsel...

A is for Archibald Hume

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy