Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Fanily Recipe Friday - Banana Nut Cake - 02/15/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2Hdk0RA7Ir4/URZ0NOfvnKI/AAAAAAAAOG0/Z8Qw_9Xoxkg/s400/banana_nut_cake_with_cream_cheese_frosting.jpg

I wish I could claim the ownership of this recipe, but the truth is, I got it so many years ago that I can’t remember where I got it from! I just know that it’s one of my family’s favorites, and I have been making this for special desserts and birthdays for most of my adult life. The recipe card where I hand printed the recipe years ago is nearly worn in two, and the blue ink faded so you can hardly read it. A while back I put several of my most favorites into my computer for safe keeping, and this was the first one I put in! Everyone loves this one! Try it. I’m sure you will too!!! INGREDIENTS 1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas 2 tsp. lemon juice 3 c. flour 1 ½ tsp. baking soda ¼ tsp. salt ¾ c. butter, softened 2 ¼ c. granulated sugar 3 large eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 1 ½ c. buttermilk CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ½ c. butter 1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened at room temperature 1 tsp. vanilla 3 ½ c. confectioner’s sugar 1 c. chopped walnuts   PREPARATION Preheat oven to 275°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan. In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in banana mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in ...

Fanily Recipe Friday - Banana Nut Cake

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy