Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Genealogy - Your genealogy stop for * family history information, * assistance with genealogy research and resources, * or just the

Forums     Login   Signup

Genealogy

Manager: andrea
GenRing is the largest plus one of the oldest and most visited amateur genealogy WebRings in the system. Any amateur genealogy website is encouraged to participate!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

REDCOATS SHOT ACADIANS IN 1755 EXPULSION - 12/06/2012
The letter is at the centre at U of LA - Laf http://cls.louisiana.edu/ =========================== Redcoats shot Acadians in 1755 expulsion: letter Chris Lambie The Daily News HALIFAX - A 1755 letter recently acquired by the University of Louisiana provides rare evidence that British soldiers shot people during the Acadian expulsion from Grand Pré, N.S. The letter, by British Major-General John Winslow, describes how soldiers rounded up 1,510 inhabitants by force and put them on ships. "Have had no uncommon disturbance," Maj.-Gen. Winslow wrote to a friend described only as a doctor. Some of the young men in the settlement, however, tried to get away, he said. "Kil'd one & I believe one other as he has not been heard of and the rest return. I yesterday began to burn the out posts & march this afternoon to proceed on that business. I expect to see the battalion soon united at Halifax."The one-page handwritten report was placed o...

REDCOATS SHOT ACADIANS IN 1755 EXPULSION

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy